Turn the router so the back is facing you. You should see a label saying WiFi Network Name (SSID). You’ll also see your router login, username, and password.
- Type your Router Login address into your browser’s address bar. It is likely http://192.168.1.1
- Enter the username and password listed on the label, unless you’ve already changed it. If changed, use the login you created.
- Click on Advanced in the upper middle part of your screen
- Click on Access Control (lock)
- You’ll see all devices connected to your router and you’ll see a blue Parental Control tab.
- Click on the device you want to limit
- You’ll then see all 7 days of the week presented. For each day, drag across the time in which you want to limit
- Once you’re finished, click apply (I’ve had quirky performance here, so you may need to refresh the page)
- Next, click on URL Filter under the blue Parental Control Tab
- Click Add Address – (NOTE: all devices will undergo the URL restrictions as shown int he red box)
- Continue adding addresses such as facebook.com.
- Click Apply once you’re finished
- That’s it! Test it and make sure it is working as intended.
- If you are having trouble, please contact Spectrum at 833-267-6094.
**NOTE: The MCS Tech Team does not support home router issues.